Garrison Park was originally built in the mid-1920’s and was once host to minor league baseball team, The Crossville Blues. The park included a lighted baseball field, a lighted softball field, a paved basketball court, a large grandstand with restroom facilities and concessions and a large parking lot. While the fields remained in good condition, the rest of the park had deteriorated greatly and was not compliant to ADA standards. The grandstand especially became a great safety concern. The city saw that the park property was not being utilized to its fullest extent possible. The 2014 Recreation Master Plan suggested a complete re-purposing of the property to be completed in 2 phases. The city went on to apply for the 2016 LPRF Grant Cycle, was awarded and began construction in August 2018. The park opened in 2019. The renovated park contains a state-of-the-art playground and splashpad along with a small covered picnic area with restrooms and a fresh basketball court. Sidewalks, parking and an abundance of green space finish off phase 1 of the renovations.